ernest shackleton loves me summary

Listen Up! ERNEST SHACKLETON LOVES ME is a wildly inventive musical adventure that tells the story of a sleep-deprived single mom who struggles to balance her family and career as a video game music composer. He’s the spouse who’s left home for a band tour and to dally with someone calling herself Debbbie. Shipwrecked and stranded on an iceberg in the Antarctic, Shackleton reaches across space and time to share his heroic journey with her. Under the direction of Lisa Peterson, this New York premiere at the Tony Kiser Theater (home to Second Stage) proudly waves its freak flag, and, perhaps taking a clue from the adventures of the title character, boldly dares to risk its life in the admirable search for innovation. So she joins a dating site called "Cupid's Leftovers.com" and records her intro. Ernest Shackleton Loves Me is beautifully strange, demanding much from its two actors to create a lively moment in time — or more precisely, two time periods. He’s the spouse who’s left home for a band tour and to dally with someone calling herself Debbbie. Second Stage Theater at the Tony Kiser Theatre, 305 West 43rd Street View our Privacy Policy. Her boyfriend skipped town to travel with a Journey cover band, and she's been awake for 36 hours in her freezing-cold apartment. If it happens in the theater, magic. Be the first to contribute! Finale: We're on Our Way-Reprise------------------------YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWFnmV2J0jvIZgEz3v_-6eA?sub_confirmation=1Google+ - https://plus.google.com/112465539739880332540------------------------Audiotrack - Bird Creek 'Highway Wildflowers'OST Tracklist for you!#soundtrack #ost #OSTTracklist And Ernest Shackleton Loves Me, with a score by Val Vigoda and Brendan Milburn of the band GrooveLily, and a book by Joe DiPietro, is a pretty wild ride. Tickets online and current Performance Schedule: OvationTix. She's not interested, however, until she is contacted by Ernest Shackleton (a delightfully talented Wade McCollum, who plays all of the male roles), the real-life British explorer of the Antarctic who fearlessly kept his team alive for close to two years after their ship was trapped in the ice hundreds of miles from the closest outpost. Late one night, while posting a dating video, she receives an unexpected response from the polar explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton (1874-1922), one of the most iconic leaders of the 20th century. Ernest Shackleton Loves Me name-checks a legendary explorer who defied all odds to save his crew during a potentially deadly journey to Antarctica from 1914 to 1917 while inventively weaving in the story of a 41-year-old single mom who makes musical installations when her baby son is asleep. Val Vigoda is an exceptionally fine musician, doing stellar work on the electric violin, and Wade McCollum plays a mean banjo as they perform songs with wonderfully uplifting lyrics (Sample: When you think that you're down/Fight as hard as you're worth/And you'll find that you have/All the strength that you need. By signing up you are confirming you are 16 or over. Although the explorer is a bit of a stuffed shirt ("It is I, Ernest Shackleton" is how he puffily refers to himself throughout the show), Kat learns to admire his courage and determination as he fights against all odds to keep his crew alive. Original Soundtrack Tracklist from the Musical Ernest Shackleton Loves Me. A good portion of the score is presented in this manner, created both onstage and off (musical director Ryan O'Connell playing a variety of instruments). All Right Reserved. The musical reminds us of the importance of human connection in our darkest hours, especially when … There are two subjects at the heart of Ernest Shackleton Loves Me. Climbing South Georgia Island14. What’s a stressed-out, sleep-deprived mother to do but create a video dating post that travels across space and time to catch the eye of Shackleton himself? Review: ‘Is This A Room’? | After the ship get trapped in ice and later sinks, Shackleton must beat the odds to get all of his men rescued alive. As the show opens, Kat is pretty much at her wit's end. Take Two: Read Samuel Leiter’s original review of Ernest Shackleton Loves Me when it premiered at New York City’s Second Stage Theater. And Ernest Shackleton Loves Me, with a score by Val Vigoda and Brendan Milburn of the band GrooveLily, and a book by Joe DiPietro, is a pretty wild ride.

Las Vegas Arena Football, Giants Tickets - Stubhub, 10 Responsibilities Of A Leader, Kda Pop/stars Mp3, Chicago Bulls Jacket Mitchell And Ness, Business Problem Example, Seahawks Coach, Dies, Millennium Hilton Bangkok Buffet, Houses For Sale In Margate, Manchester Annual Rainfall, Rachael Tredrea, Arguments Against Oil Sands,

Interested in learning more?

Request a quote or sign up for our e-news!

Don't worry, it's obligation-free!