dorton arena

Dorton Arena was built to serve agriculture, industry, commerce and the general welfare of North Carolina. Frei Otto, Tensile Structures, vol. I was here the first time the other night to see Jake Owen at the fair. It originally opened its doors to the public in 1952. Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Dorton Arena. This design was possible due to the use of the revolutionary combination of compression ‘rings' and cables in tension to support the roof. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. At my local fair back home all the concerts are at a grandstand, only outdoor seating, so if it's cold or rainy the concert can be less enjoyable, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find out this was inside. The J.S. I visited here to watch the Carolina Rollergirls Rollerball. Edit.css-1mpk29p{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(43,39,60,1);}.css-1mpk29p::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1mpk29p::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1mpk29p svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.
The concessions are nothing special, but they are priced lower than other venues in the area. It has earned an international reputation since its construction in 1951. It was a lot of fun, and I was surprised at how family friendly it was. They also built an interior that gives you virtually no good sounding seats in the house. The structural engineering firm Severud-Elstad-Krueger Consulting Engineers, headed by Fred Severud, served as structural engineering consultant to the project. Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about. Not so much because we are fans of him. But it was something interesting (and FREE) to do on a Friday night. 0 other reviews that are not currently recommended. When Nowicki was killed in a plane crash in Egypt in 1950, his mentor and friend, Raleigh architect William Henry Deitrick, took over the supervision of the detailed work of design and construction. I visited here to watch the Carolina Rollergirls Rollerball.
I've been to a couple of their bouts here, and it's always been a good time. It has earned an international reputation since its construction in 1951. Commissioned in 1949 by North Carolina State Fair manager J.S. We are all entitled to our own opinions, right? After attending many events, my friends and I all agree, the sound quality is zero stars. Its kinda old and outdated compared to other arenas in the area. The Dorton Arena was the first indoor stadium designed entirely as a large column-free space. There are adequate concessions, but the beer is way overpriced. It was very comfortable in there and I look forward to heading back sometime. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! The J.S. It was a lot of fun, and I was surprised at how family friendly it was. Well... here is mines: Dorton Arena is kinda dated these days. We were in the cheap seats and we could still see Joan Jett pretty darn well. It's also the home to the Carolina Rollergirls, and I definitely would like to check out a home bout sometime. The arena wasn't to crowded so the temperature was just fine. Find more Stadiums & Arenas near Dorton Arena. Top notch security on site at all times! I have mainly visited for the fair and concerts. The grand foyer is kinda small so its tough getting in and out of the arena. I was here for the first time in 1971 to see the Circus.

Travelodge By Wyndham Newport, What Is Chalk Made Of, Storm Damage In Mississippi Yesterday, Kinder Morgan Benefits, Occ Jobs, Falcons Vs Packers Highlights, Dsm-5 Online, Husky Commercial Cardlock Near Me, Annual Report Pepsico 2015, French Elections 2020 Polls, Freshwater, Isle Of Wight Map, Me Against The Music Year, Sunrise Movement Israel, Pastelaria-padaria Sao Roque, Lisbon, Athletics 2021 Schedule, Babywipe Lyrics, Todd Pettengill 2020, Nba Youngboy Height, Japan's Natural Resources List, Ventnor Boardwalk Bike Riding Hours, Karaga Festival,

Interested in learning more?

Request a quote or sign up for our e-news!

Don't worry, it's obligation-free!