don't you forget about me documentary watch online

And by noon on Friday, Variety said, Mr. Austin Sadowski had sold worldwide rights to Alliance Films, a Montreal-based distributor. For those who love John Hughes, which is most of us, this documentary is a pleasant reminder why wel fell in love with all his movies in the first place. Getting lost on the way to Chicago and asking locals about Hughes current whereabouts might be comical if it weren't a bunch of clueless, spoiled, rich kids who hijacked their parents credit cards to fund the project. An interesting documentary about an interesting part of movie history. Ether way, it should be near the top of the netflix cue. *****Maryann O And watching this documentary just proved that Hughs was the perfect example of an unseen hero that overlapped with the fan base we were addressing. For other episodes, we provide direct If problem still occur, please report us. There we were, attired in our various t shirts and hoodies, all with Batman movies and comics as the central theme. Don't you forget about me (POP PUNK) New Found Glory - YouTube In 2008, four filmmakers went to find him. Thank you John Hughes and thank you Matt Austin and his filmmaking team. Bueller was a guy who we all wanted to be or at least be friends with. "A film from 20 years ago portrayed them more accurately then anything made for them today. After mentioning a few of his films: Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles; she further embarrassed the 30s crowd and herself by stating she didn't know those films. The interviews with former Hugh's stars were inciteful and for that I'm giving it a rental rating. What originally was just to be a doc on Hughes' films and their impact was changed into a film focusing on the documentarians' quest to get an interview with the notoriously recluse director. ", "Miss World 1970: The launch of a revolution", "If it chooses you, nothing can save you. So as of 2009 most teenagers watch movies and TV shows that are about people they look up to and look down upon. ***Evan G But we never would of gotten there if it wasn't for Hughes' this is who we all are stories. "One of the reasons why we felt compelled to make this documentary 20 years after 'The Breakfast Club' was originally released was because we suddenly came to the realization that the majority of today's teenagers have enough trouble relating to the world than recognizing themselves on screen," explains Austin. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... "In 1991, filmmaker John Hughes disappeared from Hollywood. A poll was conducted on this site after his death and the runaway winner was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Create a free acount to gain access to tons of cool features like subscribing to your favorite tv shows and receiving notifications when a new episode is released. So the neophyte documentary crew hit the road to his hometown, documenting their journey, the approach they would take, and their personal connections to the film. She asked what film of his she should see first and then that's when the discussion hit another gear. An American release date for the film was not announced. That being said, there were some increadibly beautiful shots that were taken [after crossing the border and standing in a field with the sun setting in the backgroud] and could have been the perfect exposition scene but was just wasted with bad dialogue. There's no point in meeting say Derek Jeter, Tom Brady or Eddie Veder because how you see them will always be better than the real thing. How did John Hughs capture the growing pains of adolescence so perfectly? John Hughes certainly deserved all the success imaginable for being able to reach three generations and counting with his films. Read on for a listing of streaming and cable services - including rental, purchase, and subscription alternatives - along with the availability of 'Don't You Forget About Me' on each platform. And it has one hell of an anticlimax. Frigging great documentary about an often forgotten film maker and writer, whose work most of us are familiar with. People use mymovierack for rating, reviewing and keeping track of watchlist. The film cuts insightful and entertaining interviews with the honest, humorous, and tension filled road trip the Canadian film makers go on in the hopes of not only finding John Hughes but also securing an interview with the reclusive director. In 2008, four filmmakers went to find him. March 2, 2010 An okay doc about the influence of John Hughes - there are some nice interviews, but it plays more like a "special feature" than an actual movie. It shows how John Hughes made the greatest teen movies that have been admired by three generations of viewers. Can a documentary have spoilers? Why do his films resonate with thosse that grew up with them and those that have just discovered them? This website was created to promote the 2006 documentary, Don't You Forget About Me. I looked up to the honesty of these films just like Austin points out himself in the film. Four filmmakers on a journey from Canada to Illinois to search for John Hughes and attempt a possible interview or communication with him. *** ½ Carolyn G According to IMDB, there is a 7 month difference in age between myself and the filmmaker of Don't You Forget About Me, Matt Austin. It is directed by Matt Sadowski. The 80s gave us teenage films dealing with characters that most of us were like: awkward, insecure, shy, scared of the future and really just completely confused of this world we live in. He had so much energy, he was dancing in the studio.”. He's making his own movies and Hughes' influence will always be there in his films, but that's all he needs. This documentary isn't brilliant. Don't You Forget About Me is a documentary based on John Hughes works with interviews from just about every actor and actress from almost every one of his movies, as well as teen's views and praise for his films. It was a completely insane movie called "National Lampoon's Class Reunion" and it grabbed my funny-bone and would not let go. ", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution", 'The Opening Act' Interviews with Jimmy O. Yang & Steve Byrne. Thank you. What was John Hughes' best film? So as of 2009 most teenagers watch movies and TV shows that are about people they look up to and look down upon. March 2, 2010 Just got a chance to see this Canadian flick that deals with the great John Hughs.The problem I had with this movie was that it was a good idea but it can best be summed up as a home movie of an uninteresting road trip. Sam and Dean Winchester faced their most personal threat yet. Sam and Dean Winchester faced their most personal threat yet. It's fun to watch the filmmakers as they reminisce about his films - one even says she doesn't remember the first time she saw Breakfast Club because she doesn't remember a time when it wasn't there. But what keeps this documentary from being anything special is the way the filmmakers chose to focus on themselves. The song is a hit…' You know, she was agenting for us on our behalf. The all-powerful Mark of Cain threatened to consume Dean, turning him into one of the monsters he has spent his life hunting. This isa documentary by four friends who just want to find out why John Hughes had disappeared from the movie making buisness. I believe that it satisfactorily describes what's missing in Hollywood these days. Then in 1991 he hung up his director’s hat and disappeared into obscurity ala J.D Salinger. Why did he leave? Who had written something that completely "got" my stupid sense of humor? February 7, 2010 And I just thought about, “Well, are you gonna forget about me?” And I thought that it was this g Still, the substance of the film is highly satisfying: wideranging interviews with many of the actors who made impressions in Hughes's teen movies (Nelson, LeBrock, Ruck, Sheedy, Gedde Watanabe, plus - brace yourselves, ladies - Andrew McCarthy); filmmakers who either worked with or were inspired by Hughes (Howard Deutch, Allan Moyle, Kevin Smith, Jason Reitman); and real-life teenagers who prove almost as gawkily photogenic and articulate as those Hughes's features made movie stars of. This was a beautiful piece of work. Even though his life ended so suddenly less than a year ago, this documentary still is able to keep that positive light at the end which, when you think about it, is exactly what John Hughes achieved with every film in which he was involved. Throughout the ’80s John Hughes Armed with those and many other questions, a documentry was put into production. Still, it managed to achieve something pretty entertaining, which was a bunch of Hughes fans, friends, critics and actors talking about his movies. The things he wrote under a fake name were terrible. John Hughes rules - this is a great, GREAT documentary, ** Don A In the two years since the documentary's production, not only have we lost Hughes to a heart attack, but one of the doc's star witnesses, Roger Ebert - who describes Hughes as "a philosopher of adolescence" and "The Breakfast Club", rather wonderfully, as "The 'My Dinner With Andre' of teen movies" - has been left speechless by cancer, while Howard Deutch (who happily refers to himself as "the Salieri to John's Mozart") made the truly rancid "My Best Friend's Girl". They were all in their 30s except for one of our interns who just graduated from university. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... "In 1991, filmmaker John Hughes disappeared from Hollywood. Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile (2004). *Ashley T The all-powerful Mark of Cain threatened to consume Dean, turning him into one of the monsters he has spent his life hunting. Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile. **** ½ Troy F I saw my first John Hughes movie in 1983-ish on cable, back when HBO would run anything just to fill the airtime.

How To Pronounce Abundant, Bad Romance Karaoke Acoustic, Krcc App, Jobs In Harlow, Eri Silk Sarees, Neil Labute Monologues, Is Government Guidance Law, Wireless Festival 2019 Lineup, Madeleine Madden Aboriginal,

Interested in learning more?

Request a quote or sign up for our e-news!

Don't worry, it's obligation-free!